You don’t need to be a hypochondriac to be aware of all the bad things sugar does to your health; just look at the skin of someone who has the sweet tooth and then look at the skin of a vegan or vegetarian or anyone who simply doesn’t consume sugar. Yes, that clear, glowy and natural rose colour face is the result of a sugar-free organism. No fine lines, no acne, no scares. Plus, you’ll notice that these people are generally very calm, have no problems with tough fitness exercises and look amazing because they simply don’t have any extra weight.
I know what you’re thinking right now: how will you go without your sweet morning coffee, or without your mom’s delicious baked pie or that cup of hot, sweet tea that brings you to life in winter? Well, if you thought that people will actually go under that kind of cruel pressure just to stay healthy, you’re wrong. Instead of torturing yourself, you should do only one minor change in your life: replace sugar with pure stevia.
Switching from sugar to pure stevia is actually a lot easier than you think because of the fact that stevia is about 200-300 times sweeter than sugar. So, not just that you’ll get to keep the sweetness in your diet, you’ll consume less calories than from the amount of sugar you’d take. Additionally, stevia brings a number of health benefits:
- Pure stevia has zero calories, zero sugar in it and no carbohydrates at all. Its GI (glycemic index) score is 0. Unlike sugar, stevia doesn’t affect blood sugar levels and even improves insulin sensitivity, as some studies claim. This makes it the perfect sweetener for diabetics.
- Stevia is great for controlling high blood pressure, or hypertension. For a long period of time, doctors have advised patients to avoid salt if they wanted to control their blood pressure levels. However, studies have shown that it’s not salt that does the damage, it’s sugar! And since stevia is a natural product with such good characteristics, it doesn’t affect blood pressure at all.
- Stevia is simply better than sugar. Even if its health benefits are minimal, the fact that this sweetener is far sweeter than sugar implies that you’d use a lot less than if you were using sugar. And that itself means a slimmer you!
When it comes to dosage, here’s how the numbers stand.
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar can be replaced with maximum 3 drops of liquid stevia, or if you’re using stevia powder – ¼ tablespoon;
- 1 cup of sugar (for baking purposes) can be replaced with 1 tablespoon of liquid stevia, or 2 tablespoons of stevia powder.